Add the personal experience, connection & excitement back to retail that your shoppers crave
October 22, 2020
Virtual selling is far more than a trend, and considerably more than sales associates interacting on Facebook or Zoom.
As consumers are anxious about their finances and health ahead of the holiday season, according to Deloitte’s September consumer report, the uncertainty in our economy is causing U.S. shoppers to spend less. Unsurprisingly, the report also reveals that 60 percent of consumers are concerned about the health of their families leaving them anxious about spending time in stores.
While the heightened safety requirements for both retail workers and their customers have accelerated to promote more contactless interactions like curbside pickup, buy online pickup in store (BOPIS), and self-checkout — but what if shoppers don’t step into the store?
When consumers were asked how they planned to get through their holiday shopping and to-do lists this season, here’s how they responded:
- 65 percent will shop online to avoid crowds
- 48 percent will avoid malls
- 69 percent will shop in stores closer to home
Veras Affinity Remote Selling
Now is the time to embrace remote or virtual selling. With remote selling, your organization can double customer engagement, productivity, and speed at lower costs by enabling remote selling teams. Sure, you can continue use Facebook or Zoom, but the experiences provided on these platforms are not trackable, personalized, integrated or consistent. While they help provide a quick fix to connect with shoppers, they’re hardly retail-focused and let’s face it, your customers expect more.
Here are some compelling benefits of our in-app remote selling experience:
- CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT. The opportunities for abuse are greatly reduced and there is no need to worry about app downloads or platform compatibility.
- INTEGRATED TO THE SELLING PROCESS. In addition to having visibility into past purchases, recommendations can be converted to purchases, saved to their wish lists or added to their omnichannel cart.
- KNOW THE CUSTOMER’S INTERESTS. Whether they’re planning for an upcoming event or remodeling an entire room, keep track of their preferences and products as they build out various collections.
- BEST OF ECOMMERCE. Take the immediacy and convenience of ecommerce combined with the high-level service and personal touch of a knowledgeable sales associate.
In this Veras Affinity Remote Selling demo, take a closer look as we step you through how the associate:
- Initiates the remote selling conversation at the appointed time
- Shares rich product details and available promotions
- Builds the basket all the way through to purchase