Job Opening: Pre-Sales Consultant
Location: Phoenix, Arizona (remote considered)
Type: Full-time, salaried employee
Veras Retail builds standard and customized software solutions for retailers on a variety of platforms, and our dynamic business needs motivated, creative, and energetic people to help us deliver innovative solutions to our growing customer base. We are looking for an enthusiastic Pre-Sales Consultant with retail industry knowledge and strong communication and business skills. This individual needs to be able lay the groundwork to acquire customers, support clients throughout the sales process, and create a path to solving their needs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills
- Fast learner and problem solver
- A software sales or pre-sales background is desired
- Retail or similar industry domain knowledge is required
- Experience with retail technology, specifically point-of-sale software and related systems is desired
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint required
- Technical fluency in topics such as security, systems integration, software deployment, and software extensibility is a plus
- Prepare software demonstrations, including configuring systems and preparing demo data to tailor demonstrations to prospective customers’ interests and needs
- Execute product demonstrations and leading product presentations, both in person or web demo
- Define solutions that align with our prospective customers’ business challenges
- Communicate complex solutions, both technical and functional, to prospects and clients in a clear manner
- Understand customer requirements and use cases, and effectively communicate Veras Retail solutions and value proposition
- Document and transfer knowledge of prospective customers’ requirements to Product Management and Marketing teams
- Become and remain familiar with the Veras Retail customer base, their systems, and how they utilize Veras solutions to use as references in the sales process
- Understand competitive solutions in the marketplace and how to position Veras solutions against those competitors
- Provide product input to Marketing to develop sales collateral
- Answer customer requests for information in both formal (RFI, RFP) and informal communications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Additional relevant experience may substitute Bachelor’s degree
- 40-45 hours per week with occasions where longer hours are required
- Travel to customer sites, trade shows, and conferences will be required
- Up to 50% of overall time is expected to be at customer sites with some months requiring up to 75% travel
- Candidates based in the Phoenix metropolitan area are preferred, but candidates living near any major U.S. airport will be considered
If your resume/CV is not part of your LinkedIn profile, please forward resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your LinkedIn application.
Veras offers a competitive salary and a flexible and fun work environment. Our veteran team comes from a variety of nationalities and backgrounds, but we cultivate a family atmosphere. We share a common desire to build software solutions that we can be proud of and that benefit our customers. Our relationships with each other and our customers stretch back over a decade in some cases, and maintaining those relationships is a large part of our success.
Veras Retail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.