Job Opening: Director of Customer Support & Success
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Type: Full-time, salaried employee
Veras Retail is a market leader in retail technology and enterprise software solution helping retailers connect with customers across channels. Our diverse and global customer base needs an advocate to ensure the successful and on-going use of our software, understanding all of the ways in which Veras solutions can help their business. The primary function of this role is to advocate for the customer and ensure customer satisfaction with Veras software remains high to create vocal brand advocates of Veras Retail. The Director of Customer Support & Success will initially report to the CEO and oversee a team of 1-3 support analysts. This role has a career path to senior director and VP-level, overseeing a team that would scale up as our customer base grows.
- Experience in a mature customer support or customer success organization
- Exhibit a strong sense of leadership and creativity
- Ability to build best-in-class teams and processes
- Retail industry knowledge and technical fluency in security, integration, software development, and software extensibility
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Effective time management and responsiveness in customer engagements
- Ability to select, implement, and utilize industry-standard tools for support and customer management
- Facilitate a smooth transition between sales and customer support
- Foster a customer-centric team environment
- Proactively manage the customers’ relationship with Veras
- Ensure customers get fast time-to-value
- Manage and provide a high-level view of the entire support process
- Keep customers engaged and informed to maximize the products’ full benefits and capabilities
- Have regular cadence of communication with customers and internal stakeholders
- Manage/prioritize customer case loads
- Provide proactive problem resolution
- Build customer loyalty, customer referenceability, and reduce churn
- Suggest new and innovative ways to keep customers succeeding with Veras solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 10 years’ experience in customer support and/or customer relationship management
- Retail industry knowledge (point-of-sale knowledge a plus)
- 40-45 hours per week, M-F (9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) with occasions where longer hours are required.
- Travel to customer sites, trade shows, and conferences will be required
- Candidates based in the Phoenix metropolitan area are preferred, but candidates living near any major U.S. airport will be considered.
If your resume/CV is not part of your LinkedIn profile, please forward resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your LinkedIn application.
Veras offers a competitive salary and a flexible and fun work environment. Our veteran team comes from a variety of nationalities and backgrounds, but we cultivate a family atmosphere. We share a common desire to build software solutions that we can be proud of and that benefit our customers. Our relationships with each other and our customers stretch back over a decade in some cases, and maintaining those relationships is a large part of our success.
Veras Retail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.