Job Opening: Senior-Level Software Developer
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Type: Full-time, salaried employee
Veras Retail builds standard and customized software solutions for retailers on a variety of platforms, and our dynamic business needs motivated, creative, and energetic people to help us deliver innovative solutions to our growing customer base. We are looking for a candidate to learn and grow with our company. We offer ample opportunity to learn new technologies enrich and extend your current skill set, and we value a candidate with the desire to learn and the willingness to jump into new projects with enthusiasm and a sense of ownership.
- Experience developing in a Java Enterprise environment, with fluency building and consuming RESTful web services using microservices among other skills.
- Expertise in hybrid web client technologies (Ionic Framework, Electron with Angular JS) is also valued.
- Past experience in retail transactional systems such as POS, payment processing, order management, inventory, CRM, or e-commerce is a plus.
- Experience with similar commercial application platforms (Oracle (ORPOS/XStore) PCMS Flooid, Infor Starmount) is highly desirable.
- Generate database scripts and other configuration and deployment artifacts to support application code
- Perform unit testing
- Keep code repositories (SVN, Git) up-to-date and ensure project tracking (JIRA) is updated with relevant information
- Perform code reviews for other developers
- Diagnose issues and create bug fixes as reported by clients and internal QA
- Take a prominent role in technical design discussions
- Write internal technical design documents and ad-hoc internal documentation
- Participate daily standup meeting, bi-weekly sprint grooming, planning, and review sessions
- Drive continuous improvements in Veras software development processes using industry best practices
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years applicable experience.
- 40-45 hours per week, M-F (9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) with occasions where longer hours are required.
- Ideal candidate with spend the majority of working hours in the office to facilitate learning and communication.
- Remote candidates will also be considered.
- No regular travel, however, an occasional trip to a customer site may be required.
If your resume/CV is not part of your LinkedIn profile, please forward resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your LinkedIn application.
Veras offers a competitive salary and a flexible and fun work environment. Our veteran team comes from a variety of nationalities and backgrounds, but we cultivate a family atmosphere. We share a common desire to build software solutions that we can be proud of and that benefit our customers. Our relationships with each other and our customers stretch back over a decade in some cases, and maintaining those relationships is a large part of our success.
Veras Retail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.